e-Cigarettes - Experience

Please share your experience with e-cigarettes vs smoking tobacco cigarettes.

What are e-cigarettes?

e-cigarettes are smokable, refillable or replaceable cartridges or containers that hold liquid that contains nicotine, solvents, and flavors. When a person inhales ("vaping"), they are putting a negative pressure on the device that triggers a battery to heat the liquid solution, which is then atomized into inhalable vapor.

Return to e-Cigarettes

Comment from: wheezy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I am 54 years and diagnosed just over a year ago with COPD. I tried to cut down from my pack a day habit by taking a few out every week, I was down to about 7 a day and then my father passed away and that put me right back to my pack a day again. I did not really even try to cut down for several months and ended up in the hospital on oxygen for 6 days. I have been using the e-cigarette since I got home, I have had no urges at all to have a real cigarette at all. This has been the easiest quit I have ever had, 34 days no cigarettes, no desire.

Comment from: Dkd, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

For me, e-cigarettes have been a godsend. I smoked for 30 years and was up to 1 1/2- 2 packs/day. I tried to quit numerous times. I tried the patches, gum, lozenges, hypnosis, laser therapy and Chantix. I had also tried a variety of the e-cigarettes that look like cigarettes, but they were hard to smoke and didn't really taste right. December 2012 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. It was a totally hopeless feeling walking out of the radiation clinic lighting up a cigarette. My nephew sent me an Ego e-cigarette battery with a stardust tank and some pear flavored nicotine juice. I haven"t had a cigarette since February 2013 and what a difference it has made! I make my own juice so I am responsible for what is in it and have reduced the nicotine levels to near zero.