Prostatitis - Experience

Please share your experience with prostatitis.

Please select the white circle:

Prostatitis facts

• Ten to twelve percent of all men experience prostatitis symptoms.
  • Prostititis is most common prostate problem in men under the age of 50.
  • Prostatitis can be an acute illness or a chronic condition.
Return to Prostatitis (Inflammation of the Prostate Gland)

Comment from: JDF, 55-64 (Patient) Published: April 21

I have experienced prostate problems for years. For the past 15 or so years the symptoms have been of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and I was told at one time that it appeared that my prostate was growing internally instead of enlarging. I've tried all BPH prescriptions, physical therapy for interstitial cystitis, etc. I now have a sacral implant and am trying different settings to no effect thus far. The problem that is most perplexing is that although I need to void way too much, I cannot without extreme self-stimulation of the perineal floor. I force voiding.

Comment from: 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: July 24

When I was in my early 30s, I had three bouts of prostatitis. All three came out of nowhere. In one instance, I was fine at 10:00 am and I had a fever and burning urination at noon. All three were treated with antibiotics, and the pain disappeared within 24 hours. I never figured out what caused any of the attacks.