Bed Bugs - Treatments

Were you able to effectively treat and rid your home of bed bugs?

What is the treatment for bed bug bites?

Typically, no treatment is required for bed bug bites. If itching is severe, steroid creams or oral antihistamines may be used for symptom relief. Secondary bacterial infections that develop over heavily scratched areas may require the use of antibiotics.

Return to Bedbugs

Comment from: foodcooppres, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

We got rid of the rest of the bedbugs in our bedroom in a strange way. We tore out the infested carpet and put in vinyl, but got the wrong adhesive for the vinyl, something meant for countertops. It had a terrible chemical smell, and all the rest of the bugs in the baseboards etc. were killed in hours. The clothing, I washed or put through the clothes dryer, and stored papers went in the freezer for a week.

Comment from: Repoman, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

Bed bug issue in my townhome is a challenge, I bombed, sprayed, Orkined, steamed and sprayed again. You have to be persistent and keep killing the little monster. I replaced mattresses and will not have delivered new ones until after the retreat by the Orkin Man. I may rip up the carpet if this does not work. I am not paying 3K to heat treat, I would rather buy new flooring.

Stay Informed!