Tennis Elbow - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with tennis elbow?

Please select the white circle:

What are symptoms of tennis elbow?

Symptoms of tennis elbow include dull pain and tenderness at the outer elbow. There can be elbow stiffness and a sensation of weakness. Typically with tennis elbow, people retain the full range of motion of the elbow and there is no significant swelling or discoloration. Holding a beverage cup or shaking hands can bring on the pain.

Return to Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)

Comment from: Thrill, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 20

Every time I play basketball elbow start hurting when I shoot the ball, dribble or extend the arm. It hurts so bad, I can't even hold the ball. It feels so tender. When grabbing a rebound, I felt a pop in my elbow, it felt like my arm was going to fall off. I hope someone can help me. I don't want to give up playing basketball or tennis.

Comment from: skye, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I believe I have tennis elbow from paddling whitewater over the past 20 years. My left elbow is very tender to the touch and even looks as if the outside bone is swollen or larger then my right elbow. It hurts to lift anything or use it but I continue to exercise as best as I can. I never even thought of a cortisone shot! I had one in my knee due to inflammation and cartilage depletion from years of high impact athletics. It worked! After that shot, my knee was almost pain free! This was a few years ago also! I certainly will try cortisone for my elbow. The worst that could happen is that it will be ineffective. Hey, it's worth a shot! Take care everyone!