Jaundice in Adults - Experience

Please share your experience of jaundice as an adult.

Please select the white circle:

Jaundice definition

Jaundice is a yellowish discoloration of the skin, mucous membranes and of the white of the eyes caused by elevated levels of bilirubin in the blood (hyperbilirubinemia). The term jaundice is derived from the French word jaune, which means yellow. Jaundice is not a disease per se, but rather a visible sign of an underlying disease process. Jaundice is typically seen when the level of bilirubin in the blood exceeds 2.5-3 mg/dL (milligrams per deciliter).

Return to Jaundice (Adults)

Comment from: Jaesha, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 25

I'm 24. I had been to my sister's place, and when I came back, I noticed loss of appetite, contraction in stomach, itching and yellow eyes. After blood report, I got to know that I'm having jaundice. Doctors told me to get admitted and have drips but I went for Ayurvedic medicine and within a week I noticed tremendous improvement. I had a no oil diet and a full sugar diet.

Comment from: Lopez, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

I"m very confused with this disease. I've being going to hospitals and no doctor can tell me what is making my bilirubin go so high. I'm at the point where I've given up on what's happening to me. I have been in three different hospitals, and they had put plasma, blood, and given me a lot of medications but no diagnosis or explanation. One of the things that I'm concerned about is that I have been getting this stomach pain, very painful when I'm going to the bathroom. This is very scary because my stool smells very bad and my eyes are orange, not yellow, my urine is worst. I cry a lot, I don"t believe in hospitals anymore and I don"t know what to do anymore.