Kinesio Taping - Effectiveness

Have you used the Kinesio Taping Method? Did you find it effective?

What is Kinesio Tex Tape?

Kinesio Tex Tape is a newly popularized modality that is used by therapists trained in the Kinesio Taping Method by Certified Kinesio Taping Instructors (CKTI). Kinesio Tex Tape is a latex-free hypoallergenic cotton fiber tape with an acrylic heat-activated backing that stretches only along its longitudinal axis. The tape can be stretched 40%-60% of its resting length. The tape has no medicinal properties. The thickness and weight of the tape is designed to approximate the weight and thickness of skin.

Return to Kinesio Tape

Comment from: pedalmefar, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 04

I had meniscus removal surgery and had pain and swelling. I had no knowledge of this Kinesio Taping method, but my physical therapist put it on and I had overnight relief from pain and swelling. I was able to walk at least 70 percent better than the previous day. Amazing!

Comment from: NitaK, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 23

I am a certified occupational therapy assistant and am certified to apply Kinesio Tape. I frequently use tape to reduce edema, support sprained ligaments and decrease pain. I have good success and use these techniques up to 4 times a day with various applications. The edema application works well with acute injury to also decrease pain by decreasing pressure at the injury site. By supporting ligaments with taping we are able to aid the patient to move without pain and align the joint to prevent further injury to tissues. This may take a few weeks of support taping but is worth the result. Patients are surprised what a piece of tape can do to relieve their pain.