Vasculitis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with vasculitis?

Please select the black triangle:

What are the symptoms of vasculitis?

The symptoms of vasculitis vary greatly from person to person, and depend upon the organs affected and the severity.

• Generally vasculitis causes fatigue and malaise.
  • Sometime vasculitis can lead to weakness and weight loss.
  • Vasculitis affecting the skin can cause rashes, skin discoloration, and ulcers.
  • Vasculitis affecting the muscles can cause muscle pain.
  • Vasculitis affecting the lungs can cause shortness of breath and cough.
  • Vasculitis affecting the heart can cause congestive heart failure.
  • Vasculitis affecting the brain can cause headaches, confusion, seizures, stroke, paralysis, numbness, and lightheadedness.
  • Vasculitis affecting the kidneys can cause kidney failure.
Return to Vasculitis

Comment from: pcorn, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 27

I am having a problem with hearing my heartbeat in my ear. The problem has existed for about a month. I have been diagnosed with vasculitis and rheumatoid arthritis. I wonder if it is possible that the heart beat in the ear could be related to vasculitis.

Comment from: Shaw, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 10

I developed red spots on my ankles at age 21 and have had inflammation of my skin in various places. I have other symptoms of vasculitis that progressed as I got older, such as stiffness in legs and lower back that made me feel like an old man. I ended up being tested for Lyme disease because my wife was diagnosed with it and they believe it can pass between partners. They discovered I have Rocky Mountain spotted fever and treated me with Plaquenil and azithromycin for 6 months. I am into treatment for 3 months and all inflammation is gone and all back pain and stiffness is gone too. I feel like a twenty year old with no problems. They also said I had Lyme disease but my body cured it, I have a very strong immune system. Go get tested if you have tried all else. I suffered for 30 plus years.