Rheumatoid Factor - Testing

Did you test positive for rheumatoid factor? How did your treatment progress?

Please select the white circle:

What is rheumatoid factor?

Rheumatoid factor is an antibody that is measurable in the blood. Rheumatoid factor is actually an antibody that can bind to other antibodies. Antibodies are normal proteins in our blood that are important parts of our immune system. Rheumatoid factor is an antibody that is not usually present in the normal individual.

Return to Rheumatoid Factor

Comment from: GRR, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 16

After seven weeks of continuing joint pain aggravated by skiing and snow board spills, I took a blood test. The rheumatoid arthritis (RA) result was 226 and the ASO AB was 267. I am scheduled to see an arthritis specialist in three weeks. Conventional remedies like ice, ibuprofen, rest and Voltaren have been temporarily helpful but overall unsuccessful. The symptoms are worse in the early morning and bumping the sites can be quite painful.

Comment from: Ebelleboo2, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

My RF is 40, positive. I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis. I am on biologic and other medications, including prednisone, to control flares.