Endometrial Ablation - Patient Experience

Did you undergo an endometrial ablation? Please describe your experience?

Please select the black square:

What is endometrial ablation?

Endometrial ablation is the surgical destruction of the lining tissues of the uterus, known as the endometrium. Endometrial ablation is one type of treatment for abnormal uterine bleeding.

Return to Endometrial Ablation

Comment from: Ms. T, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

I had NovaSure procedure done in August 2011. I was in severe pain (fetal position pain) yesterday, awakened to use the bathroom at 3:37 a.m. As I got up to flush, the toilet was full of blood, I have not seen blood since 2011. Of course I panicked until I read all of the posts. I do not have any health insurance at this time, someone had mentioned that the pain is indescribable, it is very excruciating. I am 50 and if I knew that this was going to happen I would have passed up the procedure.

Comment from: happy75, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

I had NovaSure ablation 11 days ago. Eighteen hours of cramps that didn"t stop on the day of the procedure. That eased up by day 2. I found that the more I did the more likely I was to have cramps. I was extremely fatigued for about 7 days. Right now I am experiencing discharge that is getting heaver by the day. I have also noticed some swelling, like water retention in my abdomen and feet and hands. So far I am pleased. I was warned of the side effects of the procedure by my doctor.