Endometrial Ablation - Patient Experience

Did you undergo an endometrial ablation? Please describe your experience?

Please select the black triangle:

What is endometrial ablation?

Endometrial ablation is the surgical destruction of the lining tissues of the uterus, known as the endometrium. Endometrial ablation is one type of treatment for abnormal uterine bleeding.

Return to Endometrial Ablation

Comment from: Equiracer4, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 14

I had an endometrial ablation in 2007. I had a 10 year history of extreme bleeding/cramping and periods lasting 10 days. I was 46 at the time with 2 children. I was very anemic with no iron stores left. The procedure was done in outpatient surgery. I took a Motrin following the surgery. The cramping post operation was nothing like a normal period for me. I had scant spotting on/off for a few months but no more periods. Best thing I ever did.

Comment from: Stacy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

I had an endometrial ablation in February. I bled for a week after it, got my regular period two weeks later, and now I'm spotting every day. Think long and hard before doing this procedure. I wish I would have talked to more people, but I was desperate. I wanted to have a partial hysterectomy, but my doctor told me to have the ablation first. I've talked to more people who have had problems with the procedure than success.