Endometrial Ablation - Patient Experience

Did you undergo an endometrial ablation? Please describe your experience?

Please select the black triangle:

What is endometrial ablation?

Endometrial ablation is the surgical destruction of the lining tissues of the uterus, known as the endometrium. Endometrial ablation is one type of treatment for abnormal uterine bleeding.

Return to Endometrial Ablation

Comment from: Nandin, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 09

I had a NovaSure endometrial ablation on the 18th and I have been bleeding ever since. My doctor is so full of herself, patting herself on her back because it's 'the best one she's ever done!' that she doesn't care that I had cervicitis, a urinary tract infection and constant bleeding. I'm seeing a pain management doctor on Tuesday.

Comment from: tammerlynn, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 15

I had endometrial ablation procedure performed 9 days ago using NovaSure under general anesthesia. I had no pain and very minor intermittent cramping first day. There was no need for medicines. I had very light watery/bloody discharge first week, then clear. The only side effect I'm experiencing is stomach bloat, particularly after I eat. Could be the anesthesia is still working out of my system as I am petite. I will discuss with physician at post-operation checkup.