Endometrial Ablation - Patient Experience

Did you undergo an endometrial ablation? Please describe your experience?

Please select the black triangle:

What is endometrial ablation?

Endometrial ablation is the surgical destruction of the lining tissues of the uterus, known as the endometrium. Endometrial ablation is one type of treatment for abnormal uterine bleeding.

Return to Endometrial Ablation

Comment from: Paula, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 23

I had endometrial ablation on May 3rd, 2016. I had bad cramps and light bleeding for about 3 weeks. Then I had my regular period on June 19th, and it has been just as heavy as it was before I had the procedure, so I'm not sure if this helped me at all!

Comment from: Kari, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

I had an endometrial ablation March 2016 for extremely heavy bleeding that I had for about two years (I'm 42). I also had a fibroid removed and a D and C. I was put under for the procedure and due to pain management woke up feeling great. For the next 4 or 5 weeks I had slight watery bloody discharge but no big deal, could wear a panty liner. About the time I would normally get my period I got cramps so bad I was doubled over and had to leave work. Advil wouldn't even take care of it and I can take a lot of pain but this was bad. I'm still having a monthly period, but now what I would call a normal flow, but still bad cramping, worse than before the ablation. I'm being told by my gynecologist that you have to give an ablation 6 to 9 months to see the full effect. I'm on month 4. I'm still holding out hope that it'll work but not holding my breath at this point. I, like others on here, am regretting doing it in the first place.