Sedimentation Test - Indications

Did you receive a sedimentation test? What were the results and how did it affect your diagnosis?

Please select the black square:

What is a sedimentation rate?

A sedimentation rate is common blood test that is used to detect and monitor inflammation in the body. The sedimentation rate is also called the erythrocyte sedimentation rate because it is a measure of the red blood cells (erythrocytes) sedimenting in a tube over a given period of time. Sedimentation rate is often abbreviated as "sed rate" or ESR.

Return to Sedimentation Rate

Comment from: gl, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I had pain behind my right eye and pain in the back of the right ear. I went to the ophthalmologist and he prescribed a blood test for templar arthritis. My result of sedimentation was 15, the results of reactive protein was 0.7. I have not heard from the doctor and hope everything is ok.