Parathyroidectomy - Patient Experience

Please describe your experience with parathyroidectomy.

Please select the black triangle:

What is a parathyroidectomy?

Parathyroidectomy is the removal of one or more of the parathyroid glands, and it is used to treat hyperparathyroidism.

Return to Parathyroidectomy

Comment from: SueRN, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

Three weeks ago I had 2 parathyroid adenomas removed and on the day of surgery was eating dinner in the city restaurants. The information provided has some correct facts but is not the best practice in 2015. I self-diagnosed and self-referred since my doctors could not diagnose me. I entered my symptoms of elevated calcium, elevated PTH (parathyroid hormone) and low vitamin D and thankfully the parathyroid center site was listed on the net. I will always be eternally grateful to them.