High Blood Pressure - Symptoms

What symptoms do you have from your high blood pressure?

What are the signs and symptoms of high blood pressure?

High blood pressure may not have any symptoms and so hypertension has been labeled "the silent killer." Longstanding high blood pressure can lead to multiple complications including heart attack, kidney disease, or stroke.

Some people experience symptoms with their high blood pressure. These symptoms include:

• Headache
  • Dizziness
  • Shortness of breath
  • Blurred vision
  • Feeling of pulsations in the neck or head
  • Nausea
Return to High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)

Comment from: Oatis, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 03

I had a hernia on the floor of abdomen on the right. I had replaced floor with mesh, and now have pain around hip and especially in front between my leg and abdomen. I wonder if a new hernia has developed near the edge of the mesh. Walking and standing for long periods aggravate the situation.

Comment from: cupcake, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

With Epstein-Barr virus infection I get very bad aches and pains all over my body along with a sore throat and swollen glands, and feel very tired with no energy at all. I do not get a temperature. Sometimes I have chills. I hate the flare ups as my life stops and I have no energy. Seems like I get a flare up every two years or so. I hope that this information helps someone suffering with this. I can't do anything about a flare up except wait and let it run its course.