High Blood Pressure - Symptoms

What symptoms do you have from your high blood pressure?

What are the signs and symptoms of high blood pressure?

High blood pressure may not have any symptoms and so hypertension has been labeled "the silent killer." Longstanding high blood pressure can lead to multiple complications including heart attack, kidney disease, or stroke.

Some people experience symptoms with their high blood pressure. These symptoms include:

• Headache
  • Dizziness
  • Shortness of breath
  • Blurred vision
  • Feeling of pulsations in the neck or head
  • Nausea
Return to High Blood Pressure

Comment from: ron, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 09

With high blood pressure I have clogged red ears, red face, and head pressure.

Comment from: silentsurvivor, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 30

I haven"t really noticed any symptoms yet for high blood pressure. Sometimes I"ll get a pressure headache when I"m exerting myself or if I"m out in the heat, but other than that nothing. I do have a tendency to get aggravated a lot easier which I don"t know is a symptom but I have heard old wives tales of it being a contributing factor.