Endometrial Biopsy - Experience

Have you had an endometrial biopsy? Please describe your experience.

Please select the white circle:

What is an endometrial biopsy?

The uterus (womb) is lined by a special type of tissue known as the endometrium. Endometrial biopsy, or endometrial sampling, is a technique of removing a piece of tissue from the inner lining of the uterus. The sample of tissue is analyzed under a microscope in the laboratory by a pathologist, a doctor with special training in diagnosis of diseases based upon tissue examination.

Return to Endometrial Biopsy

Comment from: dennee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 18

I just had an endometrial biopsy and other than a slight pinching sensation occasionally, I had no problems and am back at work for the day. Sometimes I think people get too panicked, worried, and worked up about procedures and it makes it worse for them. Because I seriously had no problems at all.

Comment from: Shanni, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 23

I just had my endometrial biopsy done about an hour ago. I have a very high pain tolerance so wasn't really that concerned about it. I have never felt pain like that before in my life, and I have had two children without pain medication. It actually made me curse at the doctor, and break out in a sweat. I even took Motrin prior to going just in case I had some cramping. So basically it was one of the most painful things I have experienced, but it only lasted for about 2 minutes, and then I was fine. Regardless, if you need to have it done, just do it, it can save your life.