Endometrial Biopsy - Experience

Have you had an endometrial biopsy? Please describe your experience.

Please select the black square:

What is an endometrial biopsy?

The uterus (womb) is lined by a special type of tissue known as the endometrium. Endometrial biopsy, or endometrial sampling, is a technique of removing a piece of tissue from the inner lining of the uterus. The sample of tissue is analyzed under a microscope in the laboratory by a pathologist, a doctor with special training in diagnosis of diseases based upon tissue examination.

Return to Endometrial Biopsy

Comment from: LOVELYLORI, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 22

I had an endometrial biopsy 2 years ago. It was not fun! After 30 minutes, she couldn't get in my cervix. It was a lot of pinching from the tenaculum on my cervix and cramping. She tried again the following week after giving some medication vaginally. It took about 40 minutes. It was very painful, I was sweating and felt weak and felt like very intense menstrual cramps. I had to have another one yesterday at a different place; 3 minutes, in and out, very mild cramping and on with my day. It varies from each person, and each doctor.

Comment from: Craw08, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 05

I had my endometrial biopsy yesterday and was under the impression that it would be mild cramping. Truth be told I felt it was more intense than laboring. Next day, I'm feeling tired, have moderate pain and wished I had taken the day off, so I could stay at home in bed.