Cyst - Symptoms and Signs

The symptoms of cysts can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your initial symptoms?

Please select the white circle:

What are cyst symptoms and signs?

The majority of small cysts have no symptoms or signs. However, sometimes the cysts can be felt as a lump or bump in the skin or even in the tissues beneath the skin. Sometimes these cysts are painful. Cysts not associated with the skin but with internal organs may not produce any symptoms if they are small. If the cysts become large and displace or compress other organs or block normal fluid flows in tissues like the liver, pancreas, or other organs, then symptoms related to those organs may develop.

Return to Cyst

Comment from: bossy chick, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 13

I suffer from ovarian cysts. They are very painful. At times, it feels as if I am having bad cramps. The pain can even feel as bad as contractions. I had one rupture and it was so bad that I had to get my appendix removed. I now have another one on my right ovary.

Comment from: joyce, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 13

I am having my 2nd mammogram because it came back abnormal. If it's a cysts, or whatever it may be I am staying positive. But my mind wonders. Since it runs in my family for breast cancer. I already have my right ovary and right tube removed which tossed me into early menopause in my 30s. Something's got to give.