Penile Implants - Intercourse

Do you find sex as satisfying with the penile implant? Do you experience any problems?

What Is Sex Like With the Prosthesis?

When the penis is inflated, the prosthesis makes the penis stiff and thick, similar to a natural erection. Most men rate the erection as shorter than their normal erection; however, newer models have cylinders that may increase the length, thickness, and stiffness of the penis.

A penile prosthesis does not change sensation on the skin of the penis or a man's ability to reach orgasm. Ejaculation is not affected. Once a penile prosthesis is put in, however, it may destroy the natural erection reflex. Men usually cannot get an erection without inflating the implant. If the implant is removed, the man may never again have natural erections.

Return to Penile Implants

Comment from: Rob A, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 14

I had an AMS 700 implant on August 4, 2015. I had much pain, and then a discharge. I went to the emergency room, doctor and urologist and 6 days later I had another major discharge and much pain. I attempted to contact my doctor and urologist, and AMS America, it is 11 weeks and I am still waiting. I went for treatment in Berlin, Germany. I was immediately sent to surgery to have the AMS device removed, and I was in the hospital 14 days. I also had a second surgery 2 days after the first surgery. Bottom line is you are on your own if you leave the country where the implant was done.

Comment from: Doc117, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 22

I had an AMS (American Medical Systems) penile implant inserted 2 months ago. Holy Moly! This thing is great. My wife and I have never had sex like this. We can go on for hours, only taking a short break to rehydrate. Yeah, there was some pain the first few days but it healed well, and if I had to do it again, I would in a heartbeat! I am so glad I had it done. So is my wife.