Breast Biopsy - Types

What kind of breast biopsy procedure did you undergo? Please describe your experience.

What are the different types of breast biopsy procedures and what do they involve?

Breast biopsy procedures include:

• fine needle aspiration biopsy (FNAB),
  • core needle biopsy (CNB),
  • vacuum-assisted breast biopsy, and
  • excision biopsy (surgery).
Return to Breast Biopsy

Comment from: mimi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I had an ultrasound core biopsy on the 24th march, due to a suspicious micro calcification cluster. I felt a sharp pain when anesthesia was injected, but felt nothing afterwards. Ten samples were taken in all. Now 8 days on I've still got pain in the area and a large bruise. But that doesn't matter as because of biopsy I've been given all clear. I've got benign calcified fibroadenoma.