Thyroid Peroxidase Test - Diagnosis

Were you diagnosed with an autoimmune or other type of disorder from your thyroid peroxidase results? Please explain.

Please select the black triangle:

What is the thyroid peroxidase test?

Thyroid peroxidase test is a test that measures the level of an antibody that is directed against thyroid peroxidase (TPO).

Autoantibodies to thyroid peroxidase (TPOAb) are produced within the body. The presence of TPOAb in the blood reflects a prior attack on the thyroid tissue by the body's immune system.

Return to Thyroid Peroxidase Test

Comment from: Bobbie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 30

I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's disease but my thyroids function well, therefore my doctor didn't do any treatments and has given no medication. However I do have anti TPO of 44 and marked as high on my lab work. My concern is developing other autoimmune diseases.

Comment from: Deedee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 12

I have been treated for hypothyroidism going on 3 years now. I had my first thyroid peroxidase antibodies (TPOAb) test. The normal range is 0-34. However, mine is nearly 12000. I am wondering if I need to contact a specialist since it is apparent I have Hashimoto's, or do I just stay with family doctor on this matter. My TSH is responding to Synthroid but I feel so sick all over constantly.