Thyroid Peroxidase Test - Diagnosis

Were you diagnosed with an autoimmune or other type of disorder from your thyroid peroxidase results? Please explain.

What is the thyroid peroxidase test?

Thyroid peroxidase test is a test that measures the level of an antibody that is directed against thyroid peroxidase (TPO).

Autoantibodies to thyroid peroxidase (TPOAb) are produced within the body. The presence of TPOAb in the blood reflects a prior attack on the thyroid tissue by the body's immune system.

Return to Thyroid Peroxidase Test

Comment from: 66joanna, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I was diagnosed with Graves' disease in 2010 by a thyroid peroxidase (TPO) test, number 104. After taking carbimazole since, I wonder if I should have had another test. My TSH level is 0.07, FreeT3 - 5.5 FreeT4 - 21.2.

Comment from: Bush Woman, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 14

I was diagnosed four years ago with auto immune disease when I had a thyroid peroxidase (TPO) >1000. It went down to 244 after treatment began, but it never went lower. Recently I began to feel badly. After doing a TPO I found that my level is now 5151. What"s happening! Not exactly "under 34"!