Tilt-Table Test - Experience

Did your doctor administer a tilt-table test? What were the results?

Please select the black triangle:

Why is the tilt-table test done?

The tilt-table test is designed to detect one of the most common causes of fainting or lightheadedness, a phenomenon known as postural hypotension (orthostatic hypotension). Tilt-table testing may be done when heart disease is not suspected of being responsible for an attack of fainting (syncope) or near-syncope.

Return to Tilt -Table Test

Comment from: Leon, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 19

I was all fine with the tilt-table test till 40 minutes, then they gave me the injection and then my heart started racing. I got a little dizzy but did not faint. My blood pressure dropped to 90/60 from earlier 110/90, and heart-rate went 150 plus.

Comment from: Zuzu Petals, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

The tilt table test was effective in diagnosing the RVST. I passed out and they ended up recording it on the EKG. I am on medication now and am feeling better. Nice to know why I passed out and the ticker is under control now. Next step is oblation if this does not work. The test is effective.