Migraine - Treatment

What kind of treatment do you get for your migraines? Does it help?

What is the treatment for migraines?

The treatment for migraines depends upon on how frequently the headaches occur and how long the headaches last.

Return to Migraine Headache

Comment from: bela18, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 25

Having had these awful migraine headaches since childhood I have tried a lot of things but the medication that has finally done the most for me is Zomig, which now has a generic form. Just recently I had trigger point injections and so far so good. Immediately after the injections the chronic pain in the muscles of my neck and shoulders was pretty much gone.

Comment from: Loes, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: April 25

After years and years of suffering migraines, almost weekly and taking sumatriptan and Voltaren (not always successful), I have found the cause and consequently the solution to my problem. After a stay in hospital during which I developed a bowel problem, I was prescribed Laxsol and other laxatives to regulate my bowel movement. Result? The migraines have disappeared 95%. What a relief! Maybe a tip for other migraine sufferers.