Knee Pain - Symptoms

How long did the symptoms of your knee pain last?

What are knee pain symptoms and signs?

The location of the knee pain can vary depending on which structure is involved. With infection, the whole knee might be swollen and painful, while a torn meniscus or fracture of a bone gives symptoms only in one specific location.

The severity of the pain can vary as well from a minor ache to a severe and disabling pain.

Some of the other findings that accompany knee pain are

• difficulty walking due to instability of the knee,
  • locking of the knee (unable to bend the knee),
  • redness and swelling,
  • inability to extend the knee.
Return to Knee Pain

Comment from: keith, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 25

I had a torn cartilage which was trimmed and they took 30 percent away. That was on 18th December 2014. I have been back to the surgeon and my doctors and the knee pain is excessive. I take morphine patches and codeine tablets. It doesn't relieve the pain at all. I wear a knee support and still it pains. Doctors say all is fine, I know it's not.

Comment from: bobby, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: August 06

I had knee surgery 30 years ago, I have a long lasting pain at top of tibia.