Vertigo - Exercises

Have you tried vestibular rehabilitation exercises (Cawthorne head exercises or the Epley maneuver) for your vertigo? Did they help?

Please select the black square:

Are home remedies effective for treating vertigo?

While several suggestions for treatment of vertigo can be found, most of these are ineffective. Many cases of vertigo resolve spontaneously within a few days, which may promote the belief that a certain home remedy has been beneficial in resolving the symptoms.

The vestibular rehabilitation exercises (Cawthorne head exercises) or modified Epley maneuvers are meant to be done on a regular basis by patients, and may lead to marked improvements in vertigo.

Return to Vertigo

Comment from: Margo, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 02

Originally I became fuzzy, this was cured by taking travel pills. Next stage was severe migraine and severe loss of balance, I had to retire to bed. Then I started to do neck exercises, and for a few years all was well. Then loss of balance started again, and has slowly got worse.

Comment from: kotasgrammy9, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

This is my second occurrence of vertigo. This time on the 3rd day of it, I went to the doctor who performed the Epley maneuver on me. When I got home I felt like the vertigo was getting bad again; before I went to the doctor"s I was feeling a little bit better. I think perhaps it may have made matters worse for me.