Hiatal Hernia - Experience

Please share your experience with hiatal hernia.

Please select the white circle:

Hiatal hernia definition

The esophagus connects the mouth and throat to the stomach. It passes through the chest cavity and enters the abdominal cavity through a hole in the diaphragm called the esophageal hiatus. The term hiatal hernia describes a condition where a part of the stomach that normally is located in the abdominal cavity pushes or protrudes through the esophageal hiatus to rest within the chest cavity.

Return to Hiatal Hernia

Comment from: abdullah, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: March 28

I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia after an endoscopy. I have unbelievable chest pain with GERD. I do not like going to bed when I eat. I do not eat chocolate, ice cream, and citrus food, still have chest pain every time. I took chest x-ray and echo and it is fine. The doctor said it is a small hiatal hernia so he won't do surgery, so I want to die.

Comment from: StephMarie8379, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 12

I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia after an endoscopy. I have horrible GERD and chest pain. Also every time I eat I get short of breath and my stomach and chest hurts. It is getting to the point that it is unbearable.