Skin Tag - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with skin tags.

Please select the black triangle:

Where do skin tags occur?

Skin tags can occur almost anywhere on the body covered by skin. However, the two most common areas for skin tags are the neck and armpits. Other common areas for the development of skin tags include the eyelids, upper chest (particularly under the female breasts), buttock folds, and groin folds. Tags are typically thought to occur in characteristic friction locations where skin rubs against skin or clothing. Babies who are plump may also develop skin tags in areas where skin rubs against skin, like the sides of the neck. Younger children may develop tags at the upper eyelid areas, often in areas where they may rub their eyes. Older children and preteens may develop tags in the underarm area from friction and repetitive irritation from sports.

Return to Skin Tag

Comment from: NotADoctor, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 25

I had a skin tag below my armpit. I originally tried to cut it off. It bled a lot and then grew right back. I tried that again a while later and got the same result. I lived with it for a few years and then I tried to tie a string around it but was not coordinated enough to do that by myself. This being a "stringy" skin tag, I merely twisted it at the skin level and put a piece of waterproof medical tape over it. I may not have twisted it quite enough because it took about a week and a half, but it turned black, fell off and has never returned. I have since done this with 2 others with the same success. Disclaimer: I am not a doctor. My results were favorable. Your results may vary. Attempt at your own risk. (... nor am I a lawyer.)

Comment from: Solution, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 02

I too had a skin tag grow on one side of my neck where I could see it. I hadn"t ever had one before but I"d seen them and knew the things were usually treated with a cotton loop with pain and blood. So after a think I remembered the wart kill solution (because I"ve got some of those too). So I tried it. And, hey magic, those things are so easy to treat with wart solution. They"re easier to remove than warts. I just paint the tag and let dry, it might give a tiny little sting for 10 minutes or so but that"s nothing like a hot needle or a botched cotton loop. Paint again in a few days and repeat until gone. No mess, no infection, no scar, no real pain. I make sure not to spill the solution. I"ve successfully treated a wart on an eyelid with wart solution. A few paints and then it fell off after a few weeks. One happy day the wart just wasn"t there. I was getting ugly with a wart on my eye and now I"m so pleased I"m just a little less ugly. I was real careful around the eyes. When using wart solution around eyes I always make sure I remember not to get wart treatment solution in eyes.