Skin Tag - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with skin tags.

Where do skin tags occur?

Skin tags can occur almost anywhere on the body covered by skin. However, the two most common areas for skin tags are the neck and armpits. Other common areas for the development of skin tags include the eyelids, upper chest (particularly under the female breasts), buttock folds, and groin folds. Tags are typically thought to occur in characteristic friction locations where skin rubs against skin or clothing. Babies who are plump may also develop skin tags in areas where skin rubs against skin, like the sides of the neck. Younger children may develop tags at the upper eyelid areas, often in areas where they may rub their eyes. Older children and preteens may develop tags in the underarm area from friction and repetitive irritation from sports.

Return to Skin Tag

Comment from: justin, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 02

I just cut off a skin tag with a pair of sharp scissors. Quick and painless. I covered it with a Band-Aid to keep it clean while it heals.

Comment from: metoo, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: April 07

I have had skin tags on my neck and shoulders and just cut them off. A few months ago I got one on my lower lip just above my chin. Three days ago I cut it off. I had some bleeding but it did not hurt. I used a double edge razor blade. I use tee tree oil every morning and night. I hope it doesn't grow back because it is a pain to shave around it.