Skin Tag - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with skin tags.

Please select the black triangle:

Where do skin tags occur?

Skin tags can occur almost anywhere on the body covered by skin. However, the two most common areas for skin tags are the neck and armpits. Other common areas for the development of skin tags include the eyelids, upper chest (particularly under the female breasts), buttock folds, and groin folds. Tags are typically thought to occur in characteristic friction locations where skin rubs against skin or clothing. Babies who are plump may also develop skin tags in areas where skin rubs against skin, like the sides of the neck. Younger children may develop tags at the upper eyelid areas, often in areas where they may rub their eyes. Older children and preteens may develop tags in the underarm area from friction and repetitive irritation from sports.

Return to Skin Tag

Comment from: Mic, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I have always had skin tags. When I was young I thought they looked like a mole water balloon so I called them water moles. I never worried unless color changed. I have had a few over years that got shaved off or otherwise removed by accident, but most haven"t been a problem. Recently I gained weight, and as other problems make exercise difficult, there is more weight gain. Recently I had got a skin tag pinched by my bra. It got itchy and irritated for a few weeks. About the time I wanted to go ask the doctor about it since it had turned black, my hubby looked at it and touched it, and it fell off. Guess it died when it got pinched by the bra and took a while to dry up enough. I haven"t had any problems from it.

Comment from: Lynn023, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I had a horrid skin tag right below my underwear line. I tied it off with string and it started to hurt 2 days later. I tried to pull the string off but it wouldn't budge. I simply pulled on the skin tag and clipped it off with toe nail clippers; much easier and didn't hurt at all.

Stay Informed!