Dry Socket - Healing Time

How long was the healing time for your dry socket?

Please select the black triangle:

What is the average healing time for a dry socket?

Average healing time is 7 days.

Return to Dry Socket

Comment from: Annie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 20

I had developed dry socket after tooth extraction which was very painful. The dentist gave me medicated dressing for two alternate days. The healing takes more than a week. I took extra strength Advil for almost a full week. It's a horrible experience.

Comment from: Billy, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 08

I had a tooth extraction on 5th February 2014 and two days later I had to go back to the dentist because of the pain that followed. I was told that I had dry socket and that I was unlucky to get it as it was pretty rare. I was told to take painkillers and to rinse regularly, this helped a little but I still have a lot of pain in the area of the extraction. It radiates to my jaw bone, my left ear and my lower jaw; this pain is actually worse than the pain that I had when I had the troublesome tooth still in place! It is now the first day of April 2014, and as I am typing this I am still in pain, (2 months) I am just hoping that it heals soon.

Stay Informed!