Eczema - Experience

Please describe your experience with eczema.

Please select the black triangle:

What is eczema?

Rather than a specific condition, eczema is a group of unrelated diseases that have a similar appearance. When it is new eczema, the affected skin appears red and elevated with small blisters (vesicles) containing a clear fluid. When the blisters break, the affected skin will weep and ooze. In older eczema, chronic eczema, the blisters are less prominent and the skin is thickened, elevated, and scaling. Eczema almost always is very itchy.

Return to Eczema

Comment from: AT, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 07

I cured eczema by avoiding nightshades. I finally found a cure by realizing that eczema is a reaction to certain foods or chemicals. I've had eczema for as long as I could remember and it wasn't until recently that I figured out nightshades (peppers, eggplant, and tomatoes) were the source of my skin irritations. Since then, I've been eczema-free. Start by eliminating certain foods after a rash occurs so that you can figure out what to avoid. I wish a doctor had told me that simple truth a long time ago, but then again, most are in the business of making money, not giving permanent cures. A lot, if not all things can be healed naturally. To cure it, it's not about putting ointments or shea butter on it, those only mask the symptoms- with eczema; it is simply about eliminating substances you react to.

Comment from: Eczema, Male (Patient) Published: June 02

I started having skin problems about 5 years ago, eczema/dermatitis. During the flare-ups the feeling is just horrible! Throughout all those years I've used a lot of different steroidal and hormonal creams, some of them do help to control the periods of flare-ups, but the side effects are just terrifying for the long term use. Recently I found cream Eczur, works practically as effective as prescription creams, but the good part it doesn't have any steroidal and hormonal elements in it! I also using it on my children as for pampers rash, and mosquito bites! Hope it will help!