Eczema - Symptoms and Signs

What were your eczema symptoms and signs?

Please select the black triangle:

What are eczema symptoms and signs?

Almost all patients with eczema complain of itching. Since the appearance of most types of eczema is similar, the distribution of the eruption can be of great help in distinguishing one type from another. For example, stasis dermatitis occurs most often on the lower leg while atopic dermatitis occurs in the front of the elbow and behind the knee.

Return to Eczema

Comment from: inkedmmma, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 22

I have been suffering from eczema since I was 22. Over the last few years it has progressively gotten worse. My kids say I'm turning into a lizard because of the bumpiness of my skin, especially on my hands. Everything I've found that usually works is no longer working, so I've taken some advice and started tanning. I've read many reviews from others saying it really works, but am concerned that it will make the eczema stand out and be itchy before it gets better. I've only been tanning for two days now for short periods of time. I am very concerned and wonder if this is normal or abnormal.

Comment from: lol64., 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 21

I get severe itching and scabs on my scalp. I use Betnovate scalp lotion when I have an attack.