Eczema - Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your eczema?

Please select the white circle:

What is the treatment for eczema?

The treatment of acute eczema requires repeated cycles of application of dilute aqueous solutions followed by evaporation. This is most often conveniently performed by placing the affected body part in front of a fan after the compress. Once the acute weeping has diminished, then topical steroids (such as triamcinolone cream) application can be an effective treatment. In extensive disease, systemic steroids may need to be utilized either orally or by an injection (shot).

Return to Eczema

Comment from: GalintheBoonies, 19-24 (Patient) Published: March 03

I have struggled with hand dermatitis since I was 5 years old. I have found in the past year if I eat two or more clementines a day my hands start to heal. I have been testing this out on myself for the past 6 months and have noticed when I skip a week of eating them my dry itchy skin reverts. I hope this works for others too, I currently have no new sores and my dry skin has receded to the size of a quarter from being the length of my whole hand.

Comment from: Stev, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 04

I started having skin problems about 5 years ago, eczema/dermatitis. During the flare-ups the feeling is just horrible! Throughout all those years I've used a lot different steroidal and hormonal creams, some of them do help to control the periods of flare-ups, but the side effects are just terrifying for the long term use. Recently I found cream Eczur, works practically as effective as prescription creams, but the good part is it doesn't have any steroidal and hormonal elements in it! I am also using it on my children for diaper rash and mosquito bites! Hope it will help!