Eczema - Treatment

What treatment has been effective for your eczema?

What is the treatment for eczema?

The treatment of acute eczema requires repeated cycles of application of dilute aqueous solutions followed by evaporation. This is most often conveniently performed by placing the affected body part in front of a fan after the compress. Once the acute weeping has diminished, then topical steroids (such as triamcinolone cream) application can be an effective treatment. In extensive disease, systemic steroids may need to be utilized either orally or by an injection (shot).

Return to Eczema

Comment from: Laura M., 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 06

My granddaughter has serious bouts with eczema. After trying numerous prescriptions, the doctor suggested she bathe/play in a tub of water with 1/4 cup of bleach in. That settles it down for months at a time. So thankful for something that helps the little one. Hope this helps someone.

Comment from: marty, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 02

I had an outbreak of eczema and all topical creams only made it spread and get worse. It spread over my arms and legs. I was put on Protozone for 10 days. This caused me to swell up so much my skin would begin to drain fluid and the eczema returned with a vengeance; it not only spread to my stomach but my back. My doctor gave me another treatment. When I went to pick it up at the pharmacy the pharmacist took one look at me and said she would not give me the treatment as I was in such bad condition I needed to 'sleep' on my dermatologist's door step to make sure I was seen. When I arrived, my dermatologist wanted to up the dose of Protozone. I was not going to go on it again. I found a naturalist and he put me on two cleanses as he realized no matter what was given to me my body was attacking itself and any treatment was considered bad to my body. The treatment he put me on was Mind Body Spirit Care's Detox Ultimate Inflame-Reduct shake and Body Anew cleanse multipack oral drops. I took Borage CP-240 (borage seed oil). This treatment alone gave me my energy back and cleared my skin in two weeks. I then was put on a liver cleanse, and given iodine and other vitamins to help my liver. People who saw me as I was going through this are amazed at how my skin is back to normal and I have energy again.