Gallbladder Pain - Complications

What complications did you experience with your case of gallbladder pain?

Please select the black square:

What are the complications of gallbladder pain?

The complications of gallbladder pain include discomfort with eating, poor food intake, weight loss, electrolyte abnormalities, consumption of pain medications, and disruption of daily activities. However, complications of gallbladder disease include bile duct blockage, serious infections (empyema and gangrene of the gallbladder), pancreatitis, peritonitis, and infrequently, cancer.

Return to Gallbladder Pain (Gall Bladder Pain)

Comment from: Balrog324, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

I had my gall bladder removed due to sludge in my gall bladder and had lacerations on my liver. Nine years later I still have pain in my chest.

Comment from: arya926, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

I can"t eat meat, fats, processed foods, etc. without getting violently sick. The nausea is almost unbearable and I can"t keep anything down. I have been eating salad for two weeks. I drink protein shakes to prevent muscle loss, taken with a digestive enzyme supplement, which keeps my gallbladder quiet.