Thyroid Disorders - Symptoms and Signs

What type of thyroid disorder do you have, and what were your symptoms and signs?

What are the specific kinds of thyroid disorders?

There are specific kinds of thyroid disorders that includes:

• Hypothyroidism
  • Hyperthyroidism
  • Goiter
  • Thyroid nodules
  • Thyroid cancer
Return to Thyroid Disorders

Comment from: Female (Caregiver) Published: March 31

It took years for any doctors to take me seriously. I was told that I was fine and may be depressed. I eventually found a great doctor who was working on a bowel syndrome and he found out what was wrong. I am exhausted most of the time. One thyroid was removed due to a large growth on the larynx, which could have been avoided if it had been managed properly. My memory is very bad. This could be because, I feel that there is a connection with chlorine in the water. Also stress and smoking could be factors, as I smoked as a young girl.

Comment from: kabhi, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 12

I have had thyroid problems for years. Initially hyper and then hypo (now). I wonder if one can have hyper and hypo symptoms simultaneously or maybe I am suffering from something else. I have shortness of breath, loss of balance (I walk like a drunk especially when I look sideways), muscle weakness, pounding heart, high blood pressure, coordination, and tremors, I get words wrong, and lack fluency; and yet my blood results are within range.