PKD - Autosomal Dominant Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with autosomal dominant PKD?

Please select the white circle:

What are the symptoms of autosomal dominant PKD?

The most common symptoms are pain in the back and the sides-between the ribs and hips-and headaches. The pain can be temporary or persistent, mild or severe.

People with autosomal dominant PKD also can experience the following complications:

• urinary tract infections-specifically, in the kidney cysts
  • hematuria-blood in the urine
  • liver and pancreatic cysts
  • Abnormal heart valves
  • high blood pressure
  • kidney stones
  • aneurysms-bulges in the walls of blood vessels-in the brain
  • diverticulosis-small pouches bulge outward through the colon
Return to Polycystic Kidney Disease (PKD)

Comment from: shc, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 14

My stomach keeps getting larger and larger from autosomal dominant PKD, I am always in pain and it is almost impossible for me to get a good night's sleep because of the pain and my enlarged stomach. One of my cyst is 9cm in size and there are many more smaller ones. The disease has spread to my liver.