Jock Itch - Treatments

What treatments have been successful in treating your jock itch?

Please select the black triangle:

What is the treatment for jock itch?

There are many treatment options and skin-care recipes for treating jock itch. Since the two primary causes of jock itch are excess moisture and fungal infections, treatment depends on the exact cause of the jock itch. Treatment of jock itch associated with skin irritation and excess moisture should address general measures to keep the groin clean and dry along with the use of zinc oxide ointment. Treatment of fungal jock itch should include antifungal creams used continuously for two to four weeks.

It is important to keep in mind that no therapy is uniformly effective in all people.

Return to Jock Itch

Comment from: Misterclean, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 18

The jock itch first appeared in my behind. It was itching for about 6 months. I went to the doctor, he gave me a cream and it went away. But it came back the same year! I went back to the doctor month after month for always receiving the same cream, Loprox. It wasn't working anymore and the itch went inside my penis and my anus. In my insides no cream could help. I had to buy 50 billion probiotics. I bought 2 of them and took the pills for about a month, it made the anus itch and penis itch go but there was some other itch around. The cream wasn't helping. So then I switched up! I ate tons of yogurt plus the probiotics that helped. But still there is some jock itch so I have put some garlic paste in my behind and bam! Relief! The garlic was working so good I put everywhere and it was working but there was still a little bit of itch so I made a recipe of vinegar, garlic and onion in a blender and applied. Now no more itch after 2 years, I am clean!

Comment from: nancyemyers, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 14

I had a car accident, was hit from the side. Twi days later I had horrible pain behind my eye. I went to the emergency room, and USD 29,000 later they said nothing wrong with me. The pain did not let up. I went back to the emergency room thinking they missed something, I spent USD 18,000 and nothing wrong. No one would see me after I mentioned car accident. The tic douloureux is now not behind my eye, thank goodness but in my cheek. I found a neurologist that would see me, I did not mention the car accident. She gave me carbamazepine that helped the first time but it came back and it seems that is not working this time.