Jock Itch - Treatments

What treatments have been successful in treating your jock itch?

Please select the black square:

What is the treatment for jock itch?

There are many treatment options and skin-care recipes for treating jock itch. Since the two primary causes of jock itch are excess moisture and fungal infections, treatment depends on the exact cause of the jock itch. Treatment of jock itch associated with skin irritation and excess moisture should address general measures to keep the groin clean and dry. Treatment of fungal jock itch should include antifungal creams used continuously for two to four weeks.

It is important to keep in mind that no therapy is uniformly effective in all people. Your doctor may need to help evaluate the cause of your jock itch.

Return to Jock Itch

Comment from: jc_tx, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 29

I burned my arm with 3rd degree (12 square inches) and the doctor prescribed the ancient antifungal silver sulfadiazine. It prevented any infection on my arm. So I tried it on my groin when I got jock itch. It worked. It has gone. This worked.

Comment from: jim, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 28

If you cannot get rid of it, it is not jock itch, it may be bacteria. I scratched for 40 years, tried everything, several doctors and it was no help. I found cure on the computer; after 40 years of scratching till it would bleed. I had to do 2 things, take a couple of pills a day and put coconut oil on the part that itched; my testicles. Coconut oil kills bacteria on contact and stopped the itch. Take probiotic capsules at least 25 billion strength or more; a couple a day to put good bacteria in your body. You can get coconut oil at Sam's club or on e-bay and the pills Nature's Way Fortify 30 billion at Walmart.