STDs in Men - Treatment

What treatment did you have for your STD?

Please select the black triangle:

What is the treatment for STDs?

STDs caused by bacteria -- chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis -- are typically curable with antibiotics. Trichomonas infection can also be cured with effective medications that eliminate the parasite.

Viral STDs may resolve on their own, such as HPV infection. There is no treatment for HPV infection, although it commonly does not cause problems. Genital warts can be treated by destruction and removal. HBV and, to a greater extent, HCV infections may persist and develop into chronic infection. Antiviral drugs and interferon may be used to manage these long-term infections, but they do not cure the infection. Likewise, HIV treatment drugs can manage the infection, but they do not cure the condition. HSV infection persists for life, although antiviral drugs can help reduce the severity and frequency of outbreaks.

Return to STDs in Men

Comment from: chetna, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 02

Yes, I use honey and lemon but it seems to make the pain worst. My mom has tonsilitis and she has not been using this remedy. So home remedies are either useful or useless from my experience.

Comment from: Jordan, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: October 22

I had a sore throat since last Wednesday and it's still there. I am taking cough drops, throat sprays, tea with lemon and honey, salt water, everything. It's doing its job but not a good job. It's basically 60 percent down. I'm doing all I can to make it better than the same.