Bacterial Vaginosis - Experience

Please describe your experience with bacterial vaginosis.

Please select the black triangle:

Bacterial vaginosis facts

• Bacterial vaginosis is an abnormal vaginal condition that is characterized by vaginal discharge and results from an overgrowth of atypical bacteria in the vagina.
  • Bacterial vaginosis is not dangerous, but it can cause disturbing symptoms.
  • Most women do not experience symptoms of bacterial vaginosis, but when they do they are:
    • vaginal discharge, and
    • vaginal odor.
  • In diagnosing bacterial vaginosis, it is important to exclude other serious vaginal infections, such as the STDs gonorrhea and Chlamydia.
  • Treatment options for bacterial vaginosis include prescription oral antibiotics and vaginal gels.
  • Serious complications of bacterial vaginosis can occur during pregnancy, and recurrence is possible even after successful treatment.
Return to Bacterial Vaginosis

Comment from: fern, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

I have had bacterial vaginosis for about a year. Gynecologists and dermatologists keep giving me creams and ointments. Nothing works, cortisone cream helps. I try not to us it more than twice a week. I changed all my personal products and detergents to no-scent natural. Aveeno products help, but not a cure. I have been taking acidophilus 3 times a day for about 3 months. I tried home remedies. I can't seem to get rid of it. I have had no sex for at least three years. I just keep trying. I have had shingles and have inactive colitis. I think my immune system is very low. Otherwise I am healthy.

Comment from: Regina, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

I had suffered with occasional vaginal odor for many years. I have been to my doctor many times only to have temporary relief. I found Femanol through a web search and not had an issue since using it. I hope this helps others with bacterial vaginosis.