Bacterial Vaginosis - Treatment

What treatments were effective for bacterial vaginosis?

What is the treatment for bacterial vaginosis?

While up to 1/3 of cases of bacterial vaginosis may resolve on their own, it is recommended that medical treatment be given if symptoms are present or during pregnancy to avoid the development of complications.

Return to Bacterial Vaginosis

Comment from: joani, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I agree Janelle that acidophilus especially, Lactobacillus acidophilus is key. What I found that worked extremely well for bacterial vaginosis is a product called Femanol. You can find it online or at Amazon. I of course can't promise it well work as good for you as it did for me, but I am very pleased with it.

Comment from: AFox, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

I have been douching with peroxide and water, about 3/4 peroxide and 1/4 water, before and after sex. This has helped my bacterial vaginosis more than anything that I have tried, including 100s of Flagyl.