Bacterial Vaginosis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with bacterial vaginosis?

What are the signs and symptoms of bacterial vaginosis?

Most women with bacterial vaginosis do not have symptoms from the condition. When symptoms are present, an abnormal vaginal discharge is the most common symptom. The discharge is usually gray or whitish in color and can be associated with a fishy odor. Some women report vaginal itching and burning, or burning during urination.

Return to Bacterial Vaginosis

Comment from: Sparkle7, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I have had bacterial vaginosis for the last few months after I had coil removed and I bleed quite a lot. It is so annoying to have constant itch, discharge and an awful odor. I have been told to take Flagyl for this problem but I'm finding them hard to take. I take them after food but feel sick and dizzy.

Comment from: Bella, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 02

I was diagnosed with BV (bacterial vaginosis) and I did not notice that I had a problem until the smell. I also had to keep my legs closed because the odor came through my pants. I also had a slight discharge but I thought that was normal. My doctor treated me for BV, but it came back. I found a homeopathic BV capsule at Walmart that has helped. The smell has gone away but I use the BV capsule daily in hopes that it goes away. I will try the Flagyl to see if it helps me.