Bacterial Vaginosis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with bacterial vaginosis?

Please select the black square:

What are symptoms of bacterial vaginosis?

Many women with bacterial vaginosis usually have no symptoms. When symptoms do occur, the most common include:

• Vaginal discharge that is usually thin and grayish white
  • Vaginal odor (foul-smelling or unpleasant fishy odor)
  • The vaginal discharge and odor are often more noticeable after sexual intercourse.

The amount of vaginal discharge that is considered normal varies from woman to woman. Therefore, any degree of vaginal discharge that is abnormal for a particular woman should be evaluated.

Return to Bacterial Vaginosis

Comment from: Fergie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I take a probiotic called Ultimate Flora for bacterial vaginosis. I use the yellow bottle with 15 Billion. That works for me!

Comment from: Cyndi, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 13

I am 26 years old. I have had bacterial vaginosis (BV) for almost 2 years. When I first had symptoms, I thought it was a yeast infection. I never really get any discharge with the bacterial infection as you would in a yeast infection but my symptoms are burning and itching, bad! I started going to my obstetrician/gynecologist for this and he put me on treatment with Cervugid ovules (vaginal suppository). After two months of treatment with Cervugid ovules, I had medical tests again and BV went away. I was cured of the disease. I am very happy that I got rid of those awful itching and that horrible smell. Now I can start my life again.