Abscessed Tooth - Home Remedies

Did you try a home remedy for your abscessed tooth?

Are home remedies effective for an abscessed tooth?

Generally, home remedies are not advised for an abscessed tooth. Home remedies can be used to alleviate symptoms such as warm water rinses/warm compresses and taking over-the-counter medications for pain relief. However, the infection will still progress if not properly treated. Furthermore, avoiding treatment can lead to more serious complications. Seeking care and advice from a dental professional is strongly recommended as soon as possible.

Return to Abscessed Tooth

Comment from: bugnutz, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I have some cephalexin that was prescribed for my dog, and some doxycycline and hydrocodone left over from a previous surgery that I didn't use. Also using ibuprofen alternating it with the hydrocodone. I thought I had a sinus infection because I had a sinus headache, so I didn't catch the tooth abscess right away. I was already in a lot of pain from the sinuses. But I don't have dental insurance so I am taking those for now for a couple of days, with vitamin C and hoping they work. I am also swishing hydrogen peroxide and brushing with Periogard, especially at the site, and swabbing it with tea tree oil. I can't tell for sure which tooth it is, so am just doing the whole area, even though it is numb on the surface. I hate taking all these medications, but feel so sick, but the medications make me feel worse though, I think.