Eyelid Surgery - Complications

Did you experience any complications after eyelid surgery?

Please select the white circle:

What are the potential risks and complications of eyelid surgery?

As with any surgery, there are potential risks and complications of blepharoplasty. These risks include infection, bleeding, scarring, inability to close the eyes, dry eye, abnormal eyelid position, double vision, and loss of vision.

Return to Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery)

Comment from: dcrafton, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I am 71 years old. I had upper and lower blepharoplasty on 4/22/14. I had severe itching starting a few days after surgery up to the present, although it is much better now. I used Benadryl, Lortab, allergy drops, several other eye drops, heat pads, and ice packs. I did get relief but the itching continued. My doctor suggested allergy drops and then Tucks. He said he did know what else to do, or the cause. I went to my optometrist yesterday and she said my eyes are not healed, are swollen and very dry. She gave me Oasis drops. I am very frustrated, it is over five weeks.

Comment from: NJFRiend, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

I recently had lower eyelid surgery and a thread lift of mid face. I woke up with tubular swelling below sack of eyes, look like a football player with black marks on cheek. Face feels like something swollen on upper cheeks too. Looks worse now than before and it is almost 2 weeks!