Eyelid Surgery - Cost

How much did your eyelid surgery cost? Was it covered by insurance?

Please select the white circle:

How much does eyelid surgery cost? Does insurance cover the cost?

The cost of eyelid surgery depends on the type and complexity of the procedure performed.

Insurance carriers will only cover upper eyelid surgery if the patient has obstruction of vision that is documented during an examination, thereby meeting the requirements for a medically-indicated blepharoplasty.

Return to Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery)

Comment from: Margaret, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

The doctor said Medicare would pay for the tightening of my upper eyelid muscles, but I had to pay USD 1700.00 of my own money to have him remove the excess skin. It was a total disaster. The anesthetist did not give me enough medicine, so I was in excruciating pain, feeling every injection he put in my eyelids, trying to dull the pain. The result is my eyelids droop more than before the surgery, obscuring my vision and the puffiness is even worse, and now I have tags of skin left on my eyelids, due to this doctor's inability to perform the surgery. I am waiting for a refund, since both the doctor and Medicare agreed the surgery was a failure. Be careful to choose a good surgeon.

Comment from: snoopyflygirl, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 10

My eyelid surgery way not covered by insurance. I cost USD 5500 for upper and lower eyelids, USD 1100 for facility and USD 520 for anesthesia.