Eyelid Surgery - Cost

How much did your eyelid surgery cost? Was it covered by insurance?

Please select the black square:

How much does eyelid surgery cost? Does insurance cover the cost?

The cost of eyelid surgery depends on the type and complexity of the procedure performed.

Insurance carriers will only cover upper eyelid surgery if the patient has obstruction of vision that is documented during an examination, thereby meeting the requirements for a medically-indicated blepharoplasty.

Return to Blepharoplasty (Eyelid Surgery)

Comment from: EJL-Texas, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

When I was working, insurance paid for all cost of a fairly mild eyelid surgery. I had an excellent policy with no deductible. At 74 I"ve had that same eyelid more extensively lifted. Medicare paid all they allow and I have an "F" type supplemental policy that pays all the balance due. It all depends on your policy; do talk to your agent.

Comment from: scary, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

I had my upper eyelid surgery 3 days ago. The more I looked at myself in the mirror, the more I regret for going through with it. I can only open my eyes 1/3 to half of the way due to swollen upper lid. My eyes don't shut when I sleep (my daughter told me). My eyes are not even, one eye is more open than the other. The skin has been pulled too much on one eye that it hurt right after the surgery. My eye shape is no longer the same. The surgical line is long-- it goes way pass the eyes and stops at both sides, the doctor told me that he had to do it otherwise the lid will droop. I was so shocked to see the line. I used to have big open eyes and was proud of it. Blurred vision is what I have encountered the last 3 days. All I can do is wait and see how it turns out after a month. I truly hope that I don't have to go to another doctor to get them fixed to look normal again.