Strep Throat - Treatments

What home remedies soothed your strep throat symptoms and what antibiotics were prescribed for your case of strep throat?

What is the treatment for strep throat?

Treatment of a strep throat infection includes the use of antibiotics and over-the-counter medications and home remedies for the reduction of symptoms.

Return to Strep Throat

Comment from: onebunone, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

Here is a good piece of advice. One time I had strep so bad I could not swallow, had to spit in a cup. When I went to the immediate care center I asked for a shot of penicillin instead of taking it orally. It"s fast relief, and if I couldn"t swallow my spit, how was I supposed to swallow horse pills!

Comment from: sd304, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

In addition to steroids and a Z pack, my doctor suggested a few home remedies to help with the pain. First was liquid Ibuprofen (children's....I am an adult) because it coats your throat directly. Second was to use Listerine mouthwash. It numbs your throat better than any cough drop.