Stroke - Symptoms

What stroke symptoms did you experience?

Please select the white circle:

What are the symptoms of a stroke?

Symptoms of stroke depend upon where the brain function has stopped due to loss of its blood supply. Often, the patient may present with multiple symptoms including the following:

• Acute change in level of consciousness or confusion
  • Acute onset of weakness or paralysis of half or part of the body
  • Numbness of one half of the body
  • Partial vision loss
  • Double vision
  • Difficulty speaking or understanding speech
  • Difficulty with balance and vertigo

The symptoms of ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke may be the same but patients with hemorrhagic stroke may also complain more of headache and vomiting.

Return to Stroke

Comment from: shortylil10, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 09

Just before I turned 25, I had a stroke. I was working at a fast-food place and my shift was two hours from ending when I started feeling dizzy. I didn't think anything of it then. It went away, but I couldn't see from my left eye. I could not read the left side of the tickets. I let my manager know that I couldn't see, and I thought maybe in a couple of seconds I would regain my sight. My sight returned after a couple of minutes, but then I lost feeling in my arm and then all of my face.

Comment from: Kmack327, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 16

One week prior, I was very weak and jut needed to sit down most of the time. I could almost feel a different kind of blood flow to my head and also experienced vomiting. The night I had multiple strokes on left brain I thought I had a migraine and took Imitrex.