Breast Cancer - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience when you developed breast cancer?

What are the signs and symptoms of breast cancer?

Breast cancer may not cause signs and symptoms, so this is one reason that screening mammograms are essential. When symptoms do occur, the most common symptom is a mass or lump in the breast. Other symptoms that can occur are nipple discharge or redness, changes in the skin of the breast (such as dimpling or an orange-peel appearance), and swelling of part of the breast.

Return to Breast Cancer

Comment from: 3 girls, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 03

When I developed breast cancer, there was some tenderness in my breasts and they didn"t look the same. They were deflated and dimple inward which was strange.

Comment from: BJ, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

After 3 benign tumors, which were found through self-examination and never seen on mammogram, I was very concerned when my breast appeared enlarged and like orange peel. I thought it felt different, but it wasn't like the other 3 times. Mammogram picked up nothing, and it was done twice. I didn't trust the results and my family doctor listened and sent me to a surgeon for a biopsy.