Peyronie's Disease - Experience

Please describe your experience with Peyronie's disease.

Please select the black square:

What is Peyronie's disease?

Peyronie's disease (also termed Peyronie disease) is the development of scar tissue inside the penis that causes the penis to develop abnormal curvature (contracture) in the scarred area. The disease may occur in about 1% to 8% of men, most frequently in men aged about 40 to 70 years old. The disease also may occur more frequently with men that develop:

• prostate cancer,
  • high blood pressure (hypertension), and
  • diabetes.

It occasionally can occur in younger men.

Return to Peyronie's Disease (Curvature of the Penis)

Comment from: chris, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 16

I ended up with Peyronie's disease or something similar after a car accident when I was 17. To the best of my knowledge my penis suffered an impact in the accident which caused an internal laceration. This went unnoticed in the hospital. I also suffer loss of sensation to 60% of my penis due to nerve damage which also went unnoticed. From my knowledge there is no cure for nerve damage or Peyronie's disease.

Comment from: Duckaller, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 25

My consultant suggested Peyronie's disease was caused by vigorous sex which I feel is nonsense. I had a rather pronounced curve of my penal shaft which never really bothered me or stopped me from enjoying normal intercourse. However, I recall very well, occasions whilst having intercourse that my penis despite being very erect, sort of partially kinked I felt it distinctly, and thought I had better be careful in the future, but too late I fear! The damage had been done and the traumatized area I believe attracts scarring and hence the formation of plaques. Nothing to do with vigorous sex, or unusual sexual habits just a predisposition if you happen to have a bendy one so be careful out there. Nobody told me it would be so naggingly painful either.