Stool Color Changes - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with changes in stool color?

What are the symptoms of stool color changes?

A diagnosis cannot be made by stool color. The patient and the health care professional need to consider other symptoms, past medical history, dietary changes, and medications to help decide what has caused the stool to change color. Physical examination will be important to help decide the significance of the stool color.

Stool may be tested to look for blood, fat or infection. Blood tests may be necessary depending upon the clinical situation.

Return to Stool Color Changes

Comment from: nae, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 18

My 2-year-old's stool is bright green, watery, and has a very foul odor, with bright red blood.

Comment from: Nasir, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: November 06

I was in a very severe diet, then I start to feel dehydration although I was drinking a lot of water daily. My stool became a very dark red color, there was always a sweet taste in my mouth and my stomach became very sensitive.