Abdominal Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with abdominal pain.

Definition of abdominal pain

Abdominal pain is pain or discomfort that a person feels anywhere between the lower chest to the distal groin. Some health care professionals include the diaphragm, pelvis (and genitals) and the retroperitoneal space. Chest and abdominal pain are the two top reasons why people go to emergency rooms, according to the CDC.

Return to Abdominal Pain (Causes, Remedies, Treatment)

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 22

I have had severe abdominal pain for about a year now. I have had CT scans x-rays and a colonoscopy and everything has been normal. But any time I eat I am in pain, bloating and bad gas. The doctors say nothing is wrong but I live in pain.

Comment from: yaamus, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 06

I have pain in my belly just below my navel that eases as soon as I urinate or have a bowel movement and these are normal looking. I have no swelling and the pain in my stomach is most aggravated during the night time when the pain is considerably worse.