Abdominal Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with abdominal pain.

Definition of abdominal pain

Abdominal pain is pain or discomfort that a person feels anywhere between the lower chest to the distal groin. Some health care professionals include the diaphragm, pelvis (and genitals) and the retroperitoneal space. Chest and abdominal pain are the two top reasons why people go to emergency rooms, according to the CDC.

Return to Abdominal Pain (Causes, Remedies, Treatment)

Comment from: Cookiemedic, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 20

I have been having a strange abdominal pain/tingling/tightening anywhere from a couple a day to frequent attacks that last approximately 2 minutes or less. They are usually followed by a hot flash lasting the same amount of time. The pain severity seem to match the intensity of the 'power surge'. I have an aunt who died from pancreatic cancer, my mother from metastatic melanoma and her cousin also died from pancreatic cancer. Ultrasound found nothing. I am scheduled for a CT. When my breast revealed a lump (8 months ago), I stopped my Prempro and the pains started soon after. The lump has not grown and is monitored every 6 months.

Comment from: cynan g., 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 23

I have had stomach pain for about 6 days now. The first 3 days pain was located at the upper part of my pelvic area and every 20 minutes I felt like urinating. I went to the doctor and took medicine for 3 days, but still the pain stays in my abdomen. I went to the doctor again and he has said it is the food I ate. I took medicine for 3 days again but, but I still feel the pain until now. The doctor did ultra sound and said there was no problem, just a little with my intestine.