Abdominal Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with abdominal pain.

Definition of abdominal pain

Abdominal pain is pain or discomfort that a person feels anywhere between the lower chest to the distal groin. Some health care professionals include the diaphragm, pelvis (and genitals) and the retroperitoneal space. Chest and abdominal pain are the two top reasons why people go to emergency rooms, according to the CDC.

Return to Abdominal Pain (Causes, Remedies, Treatment)

Comment from: Barbara, 65-74 (Patient) Published: November 25

I have abdominal pain under the rib cage in right quadrant and now it goes to the left quadrant and around my back. I have had the gall bladder removed. I am taking a protonic and probiotics. I have been diagnosed with IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) for some time but it has never been this bad. I have had CT scans of kidneys, liver, and pancreas. It was clear but I worry about cancer of the pancreas.

Comment from: Cookiemedic, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 20

I have been having a strange abdominal pain/tingling/tightening anywhere from a couple a day to frequent attacks that last approximately 2 minutes or less. They are usually followed by a hot flash lasting the same amount of time. The pain severity seem to match the intensity of the 'power surge'. I have an aunt who died from pancreatic cancer, my mother from metastatic melanoma and her cousin also died from pancreatic cancer. Ultrasound found nothing. I am scheduled for a CT. When my breast revealed a lump (8 months ago), I stopped my Prempro and the pains started soon after. The lump has not grown and is monitored every 6 months.