Abdominal Pain - Experience

Please describe your experience with abdominal pain.

Please select the black triangle:

Definition of abdominal pain

Abdominal pain is pain or discomfort that a person feels anywhere between the lower chest to the distal groin. Some health care professionals include the diaphragm, pelvis (and genitals) and the retroperitoneal space. Chest and abdominal pain are the two top reasons why people go to emergency rooms, according to the CDC.

Return to Abdominal Pain (Causes, Remedies, Treatment)

Comment from: Mo, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 25

I have a pain in my abdomen that is right below my rib cage on my right side. The pain has been going on for about 3 days and I am concerned as to what it might be. I have had pancreatitis in the past and this does not feel like that and I have no appendix.

Comment from: Maggie27, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I have dreadful pain in the lower part of my tummy near my groin up to and around the side of my back on the right side. I have had my gall bladder out, and appendix. My womb was removed but I still have my ovaries. The pain is constant. I had lots of different medicines, but nothing takes the pain way. I cannot lay on my right side or walk more than a few steps without having to rest. The doctor said it could be adhesions. Ultra sound shows nothing.