Low Testosterone (Low T) - Experience

Please describe your experience with low-T.

Please select the white circle:

Low testosterone (Low-T) definition

Testosterone is a hormone required for male development and is produced primarily in the testicles. It is responsible for building muscle and bone mass as well as sperm production and sex drive. It influences male pattern fat distribution, bone density, and red blood cell production.

Lack of or underproduction of testosterone either directly due to decreased production in the testes or indirectly due to lack of stimulation of the testes to produce testosterone by the pituitary gland is called hypogonadism and is a medical condition requiring treatment.

In the normal developing male, testosterone peaks during early adulthood. Once you reach age 30, testosterone levels slowly decline by approximately 1% a year. This is a normal part of aging.

Return to Low Testosterone (Low T)

Comment from: RS, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 11

I am 42, my T level is 35, yeah nonexistent. I regularly see a pain specialist for chronic low back pain. I"m on the medication Duragesic and have been for 8 years. My family doctor did what any good doctor would do, blood test and then MRI to check the pituitary gland for adenomas. The MRI results were normal. His opinion is my pain medications are the problem.