Yeast Infection - Symptoms

Women: What were your symptoms associated with a yeast infection?

Please select the black square:

What are the signs and symptoms of a vaginal yeast infection?

Symptoms can include a vaginal discharge that is typically thick and whitish-gray in color. The discharge has been described as having a cottage-cheese-like consistency.

Other symptoms of a vaginal yeast infection include:

• An intense itching of the vaginal or genital area
  • Irritation and burning
  • Pain during sexual intercourse
  • Pain or burning during urination
  • Soreness of the vagina or vulva in women
Return to Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)

Comment from: shahi, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 29

I had vaginal itching, discharge of white fluid twice or thrice a day, and the itching stopped after washing away the white fluid.

Comment from: lolly, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 27

I had yeast infection when I had my first child now 23 years. Ever since then I have tried many things, like pills from my doctors, Monistat 7 day treatment, fluconazole, Terazol cream. It will work for a few days and back again. I stopped all medication. I watch what I consume. Any time I eat anything sweet, I am in trouble that day. If you stop eating sweet stuff it helps; even fruit that are sweet will give you severe itching.