Vaginal Yeast Infection - OTC Medications

What OTC medications have you found effective in treating a vaginal yeast infection?

What over-the-counter medications are available for a vaginal yeast infection?

Topical antibiotic (antifungal) treatments (applied directly to the affected area) are available without a prescription. These include vaginal creams, tablets, or suppositories. Examples of over-the-counter drugs for yeast infections include clotrimazole (Lotrimin, Mycelex), miconazole (Micatin, Monistat), terconazole (Terzol), and nystatin (Mycostatin). Homeopathic methods have not been adequately studied for clinicians to recommend them and anti itch medications treat only the itching symptoms but do not treat the underlying cause (yeast infection).

Return to Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)

Comment from: mrs6818, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I used a one-dose OTC yeast treatment and experienced extreme burning and am dealing with resultant tenderness 8 months later.

Comment from: gladys, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I am tired of treating this STD called candidiasis for the past 10 years. I have visited the hospital, taken drugs like fluconazole, Gyno-Daktarin pessaries, doxycycline, Flagyl, Funbact-A, Amoxil, clotrimazole, etc., but to no avail. I had to throw all my underwear and get new ones and strictly keep to hygiene, but no way. I was later advice by my doctor that this type of candidiasis is very difficult to treat, i should go and get a natural yoghurt that has not been processed and douche with it, but it has not been easy for me to get the yoghurt. I am tired of this candidiasis.