Vaginal Yeast Infection - Home Remedies

What home remedies have you found effective in soothing symptoms of vaginal yeast infection?

Please select the black triangle:

Are there home remedies to treat a vaginal yeast infection?

Yeast infection is treated using antifungal drugs. Both prescription and over-the-counter remedies are available that are effective in treating vaginal yeast infections. Nonprescription drugs are the best home remedy for yeast infections, and they can cure most yeast infections (see next section).

Return to Yeast Infection (in Women and Men)

Comment from: tessa, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 12

Trust me women, this works. Try putting about a tablespoon plain yogurt inside you and wear a pad to sleep in. I had a vaginal yeast infection from a bubble bath and nothing worked. I bought plain yogurt, it was cold on contact, but instantly it worked. I had mine for a month, and it was horrible. Eating yogurt didn't help but this does, it stopped burning itching instantly, and I was fine the next morning. I did it again that morning and at night as I wanted to make sure, and then no more. It has been ten years and I haven't had one since then, good luck.

Comment from: Sunshine, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 02

Two home remedies I've found that works for me are yogurt (with no or very little sugar) and buttermilk. I take these at night, and my infection is better in just a day or two. Not cured, but better.