Genital Warts (HPV) - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatment, including laser surgery or prescription ointments, have you used for genital warts?

Please select the black triangle:

How are genital warts diagnosed?

Genital warts are fairly common; approximately 500,000 new cases of genital warts are diagnosed each year in the U.S. A typical appearance of a genital wart may prompt the physician to treat without further testing, especially in someone who has had prior outbreaks of genital warts. Genital warts usually appear as small, fleshy, raised bumps, but they sometimes can be extensive and have a cauliflower-like appearance. They may occur on any sexually-exposed area. Most genital warts are caused by HPV-6 and HPV-11, the so-called "low risk" HPV types.

Return to Genital Warts (HPV)

Comment from: rudzani, Female (Patient) Published: May 28

I had my genital warts surgically removed. I'd like to know if there is something I can drink to improve my immune system and would also like to give it to my child, who is 2 years old.

Comment from: shellac, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 03

I had the genital warts surgically removed but they grew back, after much pain and agony after the healing was happening but all grew back. Next they will be burnt off, no more operations, too much pain to no avail.