Drug Allergy - Drugs

What drug(s) are you allergic to?

Please select the black square:

What drugs are people most allergic to?

Any drug or a component in a drug can case an allergic reaction. Penicillin and related drugs, sulfa drugs, insulin, and iodine commonly cause allergic reactions. Sometimes it is a component or substances used for packaging or administering the drug that causes the allergy. Components of drugs that commonly cause allergies include dyes, egg proteins, and peanuts. Latex in the packaging of drugs commonly causes allergic reactions.

Return to Drug Allergy

Comment from: Elizabeth, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: November 21

I took amoxicillin before going to the dentist to have my teeth cleaned. I have a knee replacement which is why I had the amoxicillin, per order by my surgeon. About 3 hours later I became weak, faint, had the cold sweats, lay on the bed and called for help. My family next door called 911 and I has taken to the emergency room. I was semiconscious and couldn't talk.